BUS RIDER COUNT WEEK IS
Tuesday, October 3rd through Monday, October 9th
Did you know?
- That a portion of funding that the Grand Valley Local Schools receives from the State of Ohio is based on the number of students who ride a school bus to and from school each day.
- That, of the almost 1,200 students who attended Grand Valley last year, on average, only 760 (63%) rode the bus each day. That number is down from the previous year when the district had over 70% ridership.
- Funding for transportation from the State of Ohio last year was almost $965.00 per student rider.
- An official count of students who ride the bus occurs each year to establish state transportation funding levels for the current year. This year the count week will be Tuesday, October 3rd through Monday, October 9th.
- Please help us out and ride the bus during count week.