COVID-19 Positive Test Notification February 17, 2021
Dear Grand Valley Families, The Grand Valley Local Schools are committed to the safety and health of our students and staff. We are working closely with the Ashtabula County Health Department (ACHD) to try and keep COVID-19 out of our schools. We want to inform you that one or more staff members or students have tested positive or been diagnosed with COVID-19. Regulations require that we send out a notice to the public that we have had a positive case shortly after we find out. Any employee, student or person who has potentially been exposed has already received notification from the School Nurse or Administrator. Cleaning and disinfecting of the exposed locations are being completed. Anyone identified as a close contact will receive an exclusion letter from the ACHD as a part of the COVID-19 investigation. In order to expedite notice, the ACHD has asked that we contact families first.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Wear a mask or face covering while in public places or if people who don’t live with you must visit your home.
· Avoid unnecessary gatherings with people who don’t live in your home.
· Avoid sharing food, drinks, or utensils.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Sing the Happy Birthday song twice to help know when it has been 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol.
· Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue and wash your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hands, to cover coughs and sneezes. If you are experiencing cough or congestion, consider staying home and seeking medical care.
· Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends cleaning of frequently touched surfaces with household cleaners and EPA-registered disinfectants that are appropriate for the surface, following label instructions. A simple bleach solution may also be utilized. Thank you for helping to keep people safe and to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community and school. For answers to your COVID-19 questions, call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634) or visit coronavirus.ohio.gov. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. If you or a loved one are experiencing anxiety related to the coronavirus pandemic, help is available 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week. Call the COVID-19 CareLine at 1-800-720-9616.
Dr. William R. Nye Jr., Superintendent Grand Valley Local Schools
Nurse Esquivel, District Nurse Grand Valley Local Schools