GRAND VALLEY LOCAL SCHOOLS RETURN TO SCHOOL UPDATEFirst of all, I want everyone to know that our return plans will be focused on: 1) Care for students, staff, community members and especially the most vulnerable; 2) Prioritize Student learning; 3) Ensure effective teaching; and 4) Operate efficiently, effectively and responsibly with state define parameters.We will be publishing A Reopening Guide for Families and Staff, as well as, Frequently Asked Questions as soon as we finalize details. We will be having a few more work sessions with school personnel to finalize details on how we will operate.When and how we will return, students/parents will have two (2) choices on how to return. In both cases, the students will be a Grand Valley student and will be eligible to participate in all extracurricular activities that occur outside the normal school day. All students will be eligible to receive or purchase school breakfast and lunch.
Choice 1: Attend School in Person
1. Students can ride the bus to school (all riders must wear a mask) or they can be dropped off at school (highly encouraged).
2. Safety protocols will be in place to meet the needs of the level of the pandemic
3. Face masks will be required by all staff and the majority of the kids. Grades K-2 mask wearing is being decided soon.
4. Social distancing will be the major safety goal.
We will have three (3) modes of instruction for the Attend School in Person model:
1. Green - where students can attend all five (5) days a week safely.
2. Yellow - where students will attend 2 – 2.5 days a week at school and 2 – 2.5 days a week online with their teacher with a school assigned device. This mode will be used to meet needed social distancing requirements to remain safe.
3. Red – where students will attend school five (5) days a week online with their teacher with a school assigned device. This mode will be used to meet urgent safety needs.With all modes, the students will be required to attend class with their teacher during a regular scheduled school day.Choice 2: Attend School Completely Online
1. Students will need to enroll for an entire semester at a time.
2. Online classes will be taught by Grand Valley Staff.
3. Students can attend live class sessions or staff will give the same curriculum as the in school model for independent study. The pace of the curriculum will be the same as the in school model, so when students return to school, they will be on course to resume their education.
4. In early August, we intend to have online demo on our website for parents to view to make an informed decision.
Students enrolled in ATECH programs will have to contact ATECH for their educational programing. You can reach ATECH at (440) 576-6015. Dr. William R. Nye Jr.Superintendent, Grand Valley Local Schools111 Grand Valley Ave. West Suite AOrwell Ohio, email@example.comPhone: (440) 805-4545 Ext. 4, Option 1Fax: (440) 437-1025"Every Student Matters. Every Moment Counts. The Future Begins Now."